top of page

Mobility As A Service

The Project

In this design brief, my team and I were assigned to create a MaaS-solution (Mobility as a Service) with focus on first and last mile problems.  My roles for this project was User Research, Evaluation and Prototyping.

Duration: 1 month

Methods: Observations, Qualitative Interviews, Personas, Cognitive Walkthroughs & Task scenarios.

Tools: Figma, Illustrator


The project goal was to improve the connection of the residential area Andersberg towards the center of Halmstad, with the help of a mobility solution. In collaboration with our clients, we chose to define the first and last mile for accommodation in the Andersberg area as the distance to and from everyday junctions for procurement.


The observations was done in the residential area Andersberg, where the focus was on public transport. By doing a observation, it was made possible to define the problem. In the observation we found out that there were easy access for transport, but the problem was how they can easily transport themselves outside the residential area and if they had the need for it.


After the observations qualitative interview where held with a semi-constructed structure to find out about the residents travel habits.


To emphasize with the user and better understand their needs, two personas was made from the data that was collected in the research phase. Enzo (The Driver) and Samira (The Passenger).

A Picture of a Persona named Enzo
A Picture of a Persona named Samira


A picture of Application Wireframes


We designed a sharing economy platform concept, where the purpose of the application is that those who have a car will offer an empty seat in their car. The passengers can book a seat in the driver's car when they are going somewhere. This is done by the driver creating a journey in the application and the passenger can search among the created journeys for a journey that matches their own.


I started off the evaluation with cognitive walkthroughs with non-users to make sure the tasks in the evaluation measured what it was meant to measure. I then conducted a task based scenario evaluation with end-users where i evaluated the flow of the application, how it worked in a busy environment and lastly asked questions about their experience with it and what information they needed to feel trust towards other users in the application.

The evaluation led to changes in our prototype such as adding verification features and a rating system.


In this project my team and I used an agile approach by using a Trello board, dividing stages of the designprocess and tasks within the stages in different stages such as: Backlog, To do, In progress, Review and Done.

Picture of a kanban board


During this project i learned that when conducting evaluations with real users versus expert users is that if something is not working as intended when a real user uses the prototype they can sometimes get stressed, which can affect the evaluation. From this i learned that it's important to have a prototype that is fully functional in the aspects that are evaluated or atleast try to meet the users expectation from testing it. It's therefore important to prototype different interactions and just not have one way to further interact with the prototype. This can of course also be a iterative process to explore different interactions along the design process.

bottom of page